Thursday, January 14, 2010

jeans

I was wondering, how much water does it take to make a pair of jeans? So I googled it, and one site said 400 gallons, and another tried to sell me jeans, but the majoraty of the sites had a number that you will not beleive. I'm not sure I should even tell you, you might decide to go on a jeans strike. Or you might want to make some jeans bags, named by my lovely hummanities teacher "butt bags". Or you might want to start just getting used jeans. Ok, now you guys will seem a little bit unimpressed when I tell you, after this huge deal I've made. Anyway, it takes about 1,800 gallons of wonderful, fresh, practically drinkable water. Thats the same as about 30 bathtubs.
So please, next time you are planning on getting another pair of jeans, try getting them used. Please.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, seriously? Now I feel guilty for buying so many pairs of jeans all these years! I'm officially rethinking buying a new pair...it's shocking to know how much water is wasted for making a pair! Thanks for sharing the stats. =)

    ReplyDelete